Using Brain Gym® in Schools
(an Introductory Workshop)
This one day course is designed to introduce teachers and other educational professionals to the practical use of Brain Gym during normal teaching practice. The skills learnt can be used in the classroom or in one-to-one teaching. It will be presented in your own establishment as a full-day workshop for Inset or other training days. The number of participants will ideally be less than 30 but larger numbers can be catered for.
Brain Gym is a series of quick, fun and energising activities which have been in wide use for more than 35 years. All the activities encourage optimal brain/body learning, and are therefore beneficial to everyone. However, they were specifically designed to help people with learning “blocks” as they can have a profound and positive effect on learning. The massive increase in ability which follows seemingly simple activities is both very exciting and rewarding. They work equally well for those people with multiple, complex blocks such as dyslexia or dyspraxia, or with simple blocks such as the self-talk - "I'm no good at maths!"
Participants will learn how to use Brain Gym activities with pupils of all abilities and will also learn which exercises are most beneficial for particular learning ”blocks”, including dyslexia. Incorporating Brain Gym, as taught on this course, with normal teaching, will save everyone time and effort. Pupils will learn faster and more effectively with better co-operation and behaviour – they will also be a lot happier about it.
Topics covered on the workshop will include:
- Optimal brain functioning, getting both sides to work together.
- The PACE ladder, to “tune up” a whole class.
- How to fit it all into your teaching and save time!
Activities are included to improve:
- Attention and concentration.
- Eye tracking and focus for reading and writing.
- Listening and word finding skills.
- Comprehension in reading.
- Organisation of self and school work.
- Communication – written, verbal, and social.
- Staying / becoming calm and accessing positivity.